Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Soaps & Getting ready for craft fair saturday

This week has been a very busy week. I took a basket of soaps to church about two weeks ago and received a call yesterday and said they have all been sold and there are customers looking to buy more. What a great feeling! I have a craft fair this Saturday that I am so looking forward to. I am going to take my daughter Star with me, she has been asking to go with for over a month. She will be a great helper.


I have 13 bars that I named "Imperfect Autumn Magic" it smells awesome! However I call it Imperfect because I had to break my soap loaf mold to get it out of the mold because it leaked through three layers of freezer paper. NOTE TO SELF.... DO NOT USE CHEAP FREEZER PAPER EVER AGAIN! I can be an impatient soaper and do not always want to wait for to soap to cool to much when I am doing hot press. This batch was a re batch and I poured it hot. On the bright side it is a wonderful bar of soap. It lathers beautifully and smells heavenly of crisp autumn leaves blowing in the sweet autumn air. My entire family loves this bar and four bars left the table as soon as it was cut. That is always a good sign. I have two more loaves of soap to cut into bars yet to package and label. I haven't decided on names for them yet. One is similar to my famous Lemon Thyme soap that Mechanics and Truck drivers just love because it really gets the grease off and if they have cuts it helps clean and heal them. This batch has some improvements in the bar and a few added extra helpers. I added Real Lime juice in addition to the Lemon. I also changed the base of the soap instead of using goat milk and shea for this bar I used extra virgin olive oil and aloe. The other loaf that is waiting to be cut is a Vanilla soap with a hits of coco an something else that I forgot what I put in and cant pin my finger on what it was. So I am not sure what I am going to name it yet. I will decided that after I cut it and start packaging it. It should come to me by then.

1 comment:

Ange said...

That sucks that the mold broke.
Have a great time at the craft fair!!