Thursday, November 10, 2011

Saving money & your laundry Part 1

I don't know about your world, but in my world this economy isn't getting any better yet. I am always looking for ways to save pennies any way I can. I have been making my own soaps for some time now and since I have such good results with the bar soap I have decided to venture into the laundry. There are some great perks to this project not only will it be better for my families sensitive skin issues, it will help reduce costs for the family budget and it will also be greener for the environment.



~*~ DO NOT USE HOMEMADE FABRIC SOFTNER WITH BLEACH!!~*~
VINEGAR AND BLEACH PRODUCE TOXIC FUMES!!!!


~ What is great about these recipes for fabric softener is that they use vinegar! Vinegar is great for so many things! It Brightens & Whitens so there is no need to use bleach and gets rid of soap scum residue so your clothes will be nice and soft. Not to mention your washing machine will stay free from soap scum build up.


Conditioner Fabric Softener
To make your own fabric softener all you need is old Large liquid fabric softener bottle
3 Cups White Distilled Vinegar
2 cups of regular hair conditioner (any kind you like is fine)
6 cups of water


Add all the ingredients into the bottle shake to mix and your ready to use. If you still are noticing a static cling issue toss a tennis ball in your dyer with your laundry or a piece of crumpled up aluminum foil.

1 comment:

Ange said...

I've been using just straight vinegar in my rinse cycle for over ten years now. :)
Another tip to avoid static cling is to take you clothes out of the dryer as soon as they are dry. (this takes a little trial and error) Leaving them to tumble in the dryer when the items ARE dry is what causes static. The friction of the dry fabric rubbing on more dry fabric. This also saves money because you aren't running your dryer longer than you have to!