Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Why I like to make my soaps from scratch

     I like to make homemade soaps because they are 100% pure and natural. I make them from scratch and use all natural ingredients that are great for your skin. They are environmentally friendly and healthy for the entire family. I like knowing that everything in my soaps is natural and safe for my family. I also like the fact I can "Say" & I know what every ingredient in my soap unlike the store bought soaps that have some of the longest words and even if you can say it do you really know what it is?.  Everyone in my household has had some form of skin problem and since I stopped buying store bought chemical soaps. Everyone's skin is healed and there is no more itchy dry skin patches and even Anthony's Psoriasis is gone on his skin, I am not at all saying that natural soap is a cure of Psoriasis but it works for him he has not had a flare up in 6+ years since I started making homemade soaps & herbal healing slaves.


This is Goat Milk & Shea Butter Grubby Mint Soap

     I choose to use ingredients that come from natural sources such as vegetables, herbs many of these I grown in my own garden so they are also organic because I do not use chemicals. I also use some natural spices, fruits, oats, honey, olive oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, and goat milk just to name a few.  It all depends on the type of bar I am making.



This is Goat Milk Sandlewood Ginger Soap

     For bars with added fragrance I use essential oil most often it is the best way to naturally add fragrance to a bar of soap. Essential oils are 100% plant based. These are purely botanical oils that contain great skin care benefits. I like to use essential oils the most even though they cost more because of the benefits they carry. It is worth it, they add wonderful skin healing properties to the soaps, and they are much less irritating to the skin. However, that is with the exception of cinnamon. Cinnamon can be skin irritating and should be use with caution. I strongly recommend studding essential oils before using them.
On occasion I use fragrance oil if I am going for a particular fragrance type that I can not get from essential oil. When I sell my soaps no matter which may be contained in a bar it is clearly marked on the bars label as a curtsey to my customers.

No comments: