Friday, October 21, 2011

A picture perfect day

Today is a beautiful fall day! It is sunny, not to much wind and it isn't to cold. When the kids get home from school I will have to see if any of them are up for a little photo session. I can hardly let this day get by with out getting a few good photos. I know Kenzie still wants to get a few more done because she hasn't been home for many photo opt days this summer. She wants them for swapping with friends at school. I don't bother with getting photos taken at school anymore because 1. the price adds up with 5 children and 2. I can take the photos the way we want. Also In the past most times when I ordered pictures from school I never liked how they turned out. This kids also seem to prefer me taking the photos because then they can choose which ones they would like wallets of to swap with friends.

Here are a few of my photo's









Actually today really would be a great day for me to get photos for our Christmas card this year. I like to add a photo to personalize our Christmas cards. This way family and friends that don't get to see the kids very often can see how they have changed over the year. Plus my mom always looks forward to getting new pictures of the kids. I think she is where I got my love for photography from. Now that I think of it, I wonder why she ever stopped taking photos. I remember when I was a kid she use to tell me stories of how when she lived in Chicago she use to develop and take her own photos.  I will have to ask her about that.

One day I would like to turn my hobby of taking photos into a business.  I have had family and  friends ask me to take their photos since I love to take photos I do.  I do not charge them a sitting fee though, I only charge them for the prints they want.  I mainly do this because I don't feel like I am that good a photography yet.  I could get deeper here but we will just drop it at that. 

1 comment:

Ange said...

Love this post! Those animal sculptures are great.
:)
I don't buy the school photos either. Well, I bought the junior kindergarten one and the grade eight graduation one. My oldest didn't even make an appointment for high school grad photos! Like you, I figure if I want a nice photo, I'll take one.